Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gettin my SURF ON!

Well....thought it was time to put up a post. Nothing much has been happening really, just working, kayaking, and lounging :) Last weekend a group of us went up to run Deckers. It was at really high water and it was a kick in the pants! 900CFS is REALLY high for this run and it made for some great rapids higher up from the normal put in. We had Daniel with us which he always is willing to teach so he had me surf everything possible all the way down the run. My arms were jello by the end and I loved it!

I'm just learning how to surf in the last few weeks. Golden, Co has a WW play park which is a great place to practice. It's easy to get to (in town) and it runs along side a walking path through the park so you can get out where ever you want. I've been hitting the park every tuesday and thrusday with a group of normally women (sometimes the boys come too) and we surf, get flipped and roll up about a million times. It's great for gaining confidence with a roll and stability in your boat. So here's a video of one of our surf sessions with the ladies. I'm going tonight with the head cam (if the weather holds) so hopefully I'll have some video from a different perspective soon. Enjoy! P.S. I'm in the orange boat and red helmet (with black strip around brim for the head cam).


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics.
Are you doing some biking or running too......??
:-)

Anonymous said...

Uh yes I'm trying to, mostly running some biking too.