It's a miracle!! I just got an estimate that I can afford so on Monday I'll have a/c! WOOHOO!
It's been REALLY hot lately and never seemed to let up. I'm really excited that I won't have to sit and puddle when I'm home anymore!
I went to Boulder the other night to hit a few local paddle shops. In my defense I did check the consignment store first....I bought the paddle I've been wanting. It was maybe a tad expensive but it'll be a good investment. I love this paddle!
Boulder is like visiting a different state, it's in a world of it's own and is always a unique experience. It's filled with Birkenstocks, peddle bikes and I Tele-Loveland (local ski area) stickers. You can't walk down the block without seeing dreadlocks. It has an abundance of hippies and granolas. I love it..not to live there but it's a fun little town! After spending a ridiculous amount of money on my paddle Patty, Alex and I went for dinner.
When I got home it was pretty late but nice and cool, so i took the dogs for a walk, about 3 miles. It's been so hot that I haven't done much of anything outside of walking the dogs but today and the rest of the weekend are suppose to be a lot cooler. I think i will take Baxter (I'm dog sitting) and Olive, who are my geriatric team out for a slow walk, then come back and take Desil for a run. I'm confident that if I have a heart attack from attempting to run and passout, Desil who is a solid 90 lbs of SPAZ will have no problems dragging (literally) me home!
I've been researching all the different gear and training trips for triathalons. It never fails to amaze me how many gadgets are out there for different sports. I'm not sure I can get into the world of Garmin gadgets and stats but you never know! For now I'll stick with the basics
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear of the A/C. My wife won't let me turn ours on unless I throw the big fit. You should check out http://www.bolderinboulder.blogspot.com
A cool triathlete in Boulder with a great blog.
Remember my saying "You can not put a price tag on your fitness. So no matter what the paddle costs... Get it"
Hope you have had time to check out some of the bloggers who left you messages. Feel free to comment on their blogs too.
yeah for AC!
Hope you enjoy your new paddle
granolas- remember when we called someone that and you got mad at us? In our defense, I think we were delerious from the altitude.....teeheehee
OOOOOOH you are getting the fever - you are looking at the STUFF!
New paddle? buy it, get it, get it, buy it, you know you want it. You should take Mike shopping with you sometime. You would have bought the paddle and another kyak.:) He's very motivational
Post a Comment