Friday, October 19, 2007

boating and updates

this is going to be really short... Just got off of my 15 person permit on Westwater (co/utah boarder class III/IV). Lots of drama and rapids and swims. Will update later.

Here's a little video that makes me laugh hysterically! Rafting guides from West Virginia...the Gaulley is some gnarly stuff...class V carnage...classic!! The first time I watched I kept putting my hands of my eyes...screaming at the screen 'NO DON'T GO UNDER THE RAFT....AHHHH BE CAREFUL!'. But I've had bad experiences ..namely the times I've gotten too close to a raft while in my kayak and gotten sucked under it. PANIC! But these guys are a hoot! I've mentioned holes a couple of times in previous posts and these show what holes can do...to rafts...and one of the first clips is of a kayakers going through a big ol hole. Fun stuff man!!

Enjoy....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4975456070922767135&hl=en

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - I think I pooped a little just watching it. I love the guy who brings in the tiny props --"OOOh you guys are SCREWED!!!!" ROFLMAOMEP

TAK said...

I had the same reaction the first time I saw it. the rafters I got to row support for us last weekend had just gotten off running the gauly for the previous two weeks.GNARLY!! My favorite prop was the 'YOU GUYS ARE SCREWED' and 'YARD SALE'. I've seen plenty of yard sale's and as long as no one is hurt it's pretty funny!

tayjizzy said...

Are you in any of those shots? no, right?

TAK said...

NO, it's class V stuff their boating... I'm a III/IV kinda girl. Never been to West Virgina! :)