Friday, August 10, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged by Jenny and Mike so here it goes.....

Jobs I've held:
Wisconsin/Minnesota Swim Camp - camp couselor * I video taped kids in stroke clinics, made sure they didn't misbehave, kept them on schedule and helped them train for the Triathalon that was held at the end of each camp session.. I LOVED THIS JOB!!!!

Lifeguard/Swim lesson teacher * I lifeguarded at Lion's Beach and did swim lessons at rockport pool in the summers. I also worked for the City of janesville as a Swim teacher during summer school. In the winters I lifeguarded, taught swim lessons, and taught water areobics (I was horrible at it). I taught swim lessons and lifeguarded as a second job until about 4 years ago.

Waitress at Pizzeria Uno's (I WAS THE WORLDS WORST WAITRESS)

Assembler at a parker pen factory - I had to be there from 6-10AM, then I went to lifeguard from 10a -6p, and then I went to my waitressing job until the resturaunt closed. 6 days a week. I quit the 6A - 10A factory job pretty quick!!!

Seasonal Boston store sales associate - worked during Xmas break at school.

Cleaner at medical clinics _ GROSS job...hated it, but it was nights and it didn't interfer with any of my courses at school.

Dispatcher for private security company. - Uh it was interesting to say the least!

Student Helpdesk. I was the student helpdesk in the mainframe computer lab. it counted towards my internship credits and I got to do my homework if I wasn't helping someone else.

Computer operator - internship at Great lakes Higher Education for 2 months
Computer Operator - WI State Lottery - waiting for GLHEC to hire me full time
computer Operator - Hired full time with GLHEC

Mainframe Scheduler - State of WI - CARES - This was a really cool job. Loved the people, loved the work and freedom, and great pay.

Aquatics Supervisor YMCA - I was in charge of swim lessons, the pool schedule, the lifeguard staff, and the swim team staff. I really enjoyed this because I got to help coach the swim team!!! this was my first job in Colorado...my two paychecks were about 50 dollars LESS than I owed in just rent alone.

Mainframe Tech Support - TIAA-CREF and I've been here for a little over 5 years

Places I've lived: (in order)
Janesville, WI
Madison, WI
Janesville, WI
Madison, WI
Denver, CO
(you might think the janesville to Madison is a mistake...but it's not I obviously couldn't make up my mind)

Movies I can watch over and over:
Oh there's just so many
The parent Trap (Haley Mills version)
The grinch who stole Christmas (cartoom and Jim Carrey versions)
My big fat greek wedding
Hoosiers
Ice age (all of them)
Pretty in Pink
Sixteen Candles
The Breakfast Club
I won't bore you with the rest of the list... I watch a lot of movies

My guilty pleasures:
chocolate
Pizza
sleeping in
kayaking (it's hard to focus on work in the beginning of the season)
snowboarding (again it's hard to focus on work in the beginning of the season)
butterscotch discs

Shows I enjoy
Bones
House
So you think you can dance
MTV - duels and/or Infernos - Physical and mental challenges to win prizes...LOVE IT!
GlobeTrekkers (PBS)
Man Vs. Wild
Weeds
what not to wear

Places I've been on vacation:
Northern Wisconsin (family camping trips)
Florida (Ft. Lauderdale, Kissimmee, Orlando, the Keys and a few others)
Elwood, IN
Rockton, ILL
Mexico ( a few different spots with family)
Olympia, WA
Missouri (a few different places)
Montana (Beartooth MTNS, backpacking, and to meet my my uncle's family to share a cabin)
South Dakota (badlands and Mt rushmore)
Wyoming - (backpacking)
Boulder, CO (for a wedding and it made me want to move back to live there)
charlotte, NC (business trip)
Austin, Texas
Little Rock, AR
Arizona (for a wedding)
Costa Rica (to visit parents)
Spain (Tormellinos and took a day trip to Morroco)

Favorite foods:
Club sandwhich without tomatoes
Pizza
chicken salad from Sentry
Peanut butter, banana and jelly sandwhiches
sweet and sour chicken with rice
Shrimp and Lobster with butter

Website i visit daily:
9news.com
msn.com
msnbc.com
coloradokayakers.com
mountainbuzz.com
jenny's blog
mike's blog
michele's blog
people.com
usatoday.com

Awards I've won
a bucket full of ribbons from swim meets when I was a kid. camp ribbons from basketball and softball and track.

AAUW scholarship

a few things at work

I just won last weekend the 'best combat roll in tombstone rapid'. I'll post the video but i rolled and came back up without having to get out of my boat. I won some super cool hiking poles that you can mount your camera on and use a stabilizer, plus they have shock absorbers...very cool!!

Nicknames I've been called:
Aggie - a co-worker assigned it, I never got it.
TK -
Just like jenny and I'm sure Michele too, my school friends were lame and not very creative. Weinie was popular because of the last name (Keeney). it was stupid and they even made up little songs that rhymed.

that's it. whew...lots of questions and long answers :) I'll post again here a little later to show the video and the chaos from last night!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I must have been unconscious or raising small children from, say, swim lessons to computer operator (except for Uno's - I recall that one) because that did not sound familiar at all. I do have a little Halfzheimers kicking in though, so maybe I just forgot.....
I DID notice that you seemed to have been taken on more/better vacations than I was taken on. Not that I'm jealous or anything, I'm just saying......... :-)
Yeah for no tomatoes! That's a definite Keeneyism!

bigmike600 said...

You are awesome too. Glad you got the shirt. I am sure it was too big, but you can use it for a night shirt or sailboat sail or parachute or whatever else might work.

bigmike600 said...

OH by the way...Pizzaria Uno's had the best food. I can remember gorging myself several times there. I believe the Spicy southwestern turkey rollup for appetizer and their pizza for main course, dessert and late night snack. I am sort of glad they closed the one in Janesville.

TAK said...

Jen. I beleive you were raising small children :) Two very cutes one's I might add! Most of my jobs were short temporary one's to pay the bills.

Vacations...yeah again back to raising babies! If it makes you feel better the last one we went on in FL (with the paretns and Michele) after I got out of the hospital I had to sit in the hotel room for a few days :) Didn't see outside much at all!

TAK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.