Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beautiful Colorado and some running

I feel obligated to start with the running info. It's nothing impressive but it's a start. I started trying to running on Tuesday. I've been putting it off mainly because I feared it. I wasn't confident I could do even a minute. But, I did. It felt good, I ran and walked for about 20 mins on tuesday and Wednesday. I wasn't as out of breath and I thought I'd be and the reason for walking was more for my calf muscles. My muscles are getting used to the new movement. I did the same Wednesday and will keep it up! I have my eyes on the ball now...Next spring isn't that far away... Danskin Tiathalon is in my sights :)

I've finally gotten my internet connection working again. I had some major issues with the first router...cause it was old.. got a second one that was defective and had tech support issues, so I went to Best Buy after work. I got it hooked up and working in about 30 mins. WOHOO!! I love wireless and when I can get things to work properly!

Last weekend I went camping and kayaking with some friends. I got off work Saturday grabbed the doggies and we headed into the mountains. It's such a beautiful drive down to Buena Vista where we were camping. I got there and met my friends in town (Buena Vista) as they were picking up my paddle for me at CKS just before it closed (wasn't sure I'd make it in time). I LOVE MY NEW PADDLE!! We went to a little hole in the wall mexican place and had some dinner (suprisingly enough we all agreed it was pretty good and we were worried at first). Then we headed off to the campsite, it was dark by now. Luckily it was only about 2 miles outside of town, but it was on dirt roads, with a bunch of switch backs. I decided to sleep in back of the jeep with the dogs...never a good idea. It's too hairy, my dogs are too hyper in the morning and I always end up with a dog butt in my face and usually a paw in my mouth. But I was too lazy and hate setting up a tent in the dark. But I learned my lesson this time...I slept like crap and at one point woke up with both my dogs SPRAWLED out and snoring while I was in the fetal position off my sleeping pad all twisted up in my sleeping bag.

Anyway, we sat around the campfire, dogs snoozing all warm and curled up by the fire. Those campfire night are always long...before we realize it's after midnight. The next morning we get packed up and start talking about the plan. A few of the people in the group went to run 'numbers' which is a technical class IV run and not something I'm ready for yet. I opted for the medium run which was Frog Rock. OMG I love this run. It was the first time I've run it and was pretty hesitant. Boaters have a tendency to glorify horror stories of certain features on different runs. It took me a long time to tune out their personal dramatazation and pull the facts out. The run was technical which i love. Technical means it's a lot of quick moves, dodging and finding a clean line as opposed to big waves and fluffy features. So I loved it.

I took a few pictures in the morning before we headed out to do our runs. I love this state! Colorado...any part of it....never stops amazing me. It's inspiring to be in such a huge natural environment. Buena Vista has some of the 14ers which you could see one from the camping pictures. It really puts life into perspective. We're all just small little specs in life. I love how it smells, the never ending peacefulness and there's just so much to see and do in the Mountains. I feel at home, comfortable, and peaceful! But for you people at sea level, you'll just have to appreciate the pictures :) Wish you were here!!



This is the video from the campsite

Now for the pictures (open them up to full size to see the details)





5 comments:

bigmike600 said...

I'm totally jealous. Everything looks amazing there. Good job on the running. It is not easy and it takes some time but like everything you do..you'll succeed. You are like that awesome aftermarket part that meets or exceeds all OEM specifications only is a lot cheaper. Not really sure what that means but I thought it sounded cool and it was totally meant as a compliment. A true Mikeism. You 3 ladies are gonna rock the Danskin and take names. I look so forward to filming it.

Unknown said...

The picture of the dog in the rearview is really cool. My dogs won't do that, they are afraid of the wind or something....
YEAH for runnning! Kepp at it and you will be doing LSD runs before ya know it! (That's long steady distance, I know what you were thinking silly....)

tayjizzy said...

wow. That scenic view sure beats janesburg! Very artsy fartsy shots of the dog, etc.

bigmike600 said...

HI TRACY!!(In loud Nick voice as that is one of my favorite moments ever)
Hope you are enjoying your parents company and all is well.
You should take their picture and post it to your blog.
Only about 10 more months til the triathlon.

tayjizzy said...

hey. How's the runnin now? It's been a while since you updated. And how's the quitting smoking going?